Summer is prime time for military and veteran families to take advantage of Space A travel. Veteran John Jackson is somewhat of an expert in mastering this great military perk. Here are his favorite Space A travel resources. At the top of the list is his own website which is a wealth of info for military Space-A travel.
By John W Jackson Jr, USAF Ret.
Military Space-A Travel Resources
- UJ Space A Info – Contains information for hotels, restaurants, hospitals, transportation, base facilities, phone numbers, attractions, and Space A contacts for every Space A location in the world.
- Space A Travelers of USA– A military Space-A closed group that has many knowledgeable Administrators to help you with any questions that you may have or information that you may need.
- FDD Viewer– With this page you can determine where bases *usually* fly and what bases *usually* fly to them. Some of the smaller bases do not have all the information because the flights are so infrequent.
- UJ Space A Traveling Club– If you’d like to look for someone to travel with or going the same way to help reduce the cost of traveling, this is the Facebook page for you.
- UJ Space A House Swap/Lodging– This Facebook page is a great resource if you would like to swap houses with another Space-A traveler to eliminate or reduce lodging and/or transportation costs. Also with this page you can list a rental or free space you may have for a Space-A traveler. This page is for people traveling Space-A only.
- Lady Cat 6 from Outer Space A– This website is aimed at Category 6 travelers, the retired military. The website Admin is very knowledgeable about Space-A overall, especially for retirees.
- Poppin’ Smoke– This is another website dedicated to retired military. This Army spouse has a very nice explanation about how Space-A works overall.
- Space A Flights– This website features a schedule of many Space-A flights, even beyond the normal 72 hours. All flights are subject to change at any time so do not take flight times as concrete. Times are estimated based on past data.
Author: John W Jackson Jr. retired from the Air Force in 1993. He’s been married to a Filipina for just over 37 years. They have a son and four grandsons. They’ve lived in the Philippines for the past seven years but frequently make visits back to Texas. John is an avid NFL fan and his favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. He likes John Wayne, Hank Williams Jr, listening to older country music and a nice steak (medium well)! When he is not involved with the Empire Builder series games or playing dominoes, he offers sage advice on how to travel using Space A.