Month of the Military Child is celebrated annually throughout the month of April to honor our Nation’s 1.2 million military-connected kids. It’s not uncommon for a military kid to attend up to nine different schools in their lifetime; all while maintaining resilience through PCS moves, deployments and living apart from their extended family members.
With schools shut down across the world due to the Coronavirus pandemic and DoD travel restrictions in place, a lot of military kids are now saying “I didn’t know my last day of school was my last day forever.” Many of these children will move when the travel restrictions are lifted and won’t be able to even say goodbye to their friends.
To celebrate these amazing kids, PCSgrades is launching #Move4MilKids: a freestyle dance challenge honoring military kids throughout the month of April. “This is a fun way for both military and civilian communities to show our military kids we support them, while still adhering to social distancing guidelines during the Coronavirus pandemic,” states PCSgrades Community Outreach Manager, Stacey Benson.
To participate in the #Move4MilKids Challenge:
- ACCEPT: Accept the challenge and get ready to move!
- RECORD: Take a video of yourself doing the PCSgrades #Move4MilKids Challenge. Show us your best dance moves to make a military child smile. You can do this anywhere: inside, outside…dealers choice! Just have FUN with it!
- UPLOAD: Upload your video to social media using the hashtag #Move4MilKids in your post.
- GIVE: Give a shout out to your favorite Military Child or branch of service.
- TAG: Challenge three (3) of your friends by tagging them in your post!
Need an example of what to say during your video?
“Hey, I’m _____ and I want to show my support for the Month of Military Child. I have been challenged to do the PCSgrades #Move4MilKids dance challenge. Now, I nominate ______, ______, and ______. Now, join in on the fun! Let’s see your best Freestyle Dance Moves!”
Need some inspiration? Watching these military kids showcase their best moves should help!