It’s the season of giving, and PCSgrades is preparing to give back to military families in a big way! The #MilFamsGiveBack campaign will donate $5 to a military-friendly or veteran-led charity for every neighborhood review left on their site from November 18 until December 8. It’s our way of celebrating National Military Family Appreciation Month (November) and Giving Tuesday (Dec. 1st).
The campaign is a great way to support both military families and their favorite charities. PCSgrades was founded on the belief that it is the military community that will support each other. You can read here about our founder’s story and why this principle is so important to everything we do at PCSgrades. This #MilFamsGiveBack campaign allows participants to give back two-fold:
- Neighborhood reviews of on-base and off-base housing help military families who are preparing for a PCS move with trusted information from fellow families who have lived in those locations.
- The charitable donations will be distributed to the selected charities at the end of the campaign to aid a wide variety of initiatives important to military families and veterans.
PCSgrades already gives back to military families on a daily basis, by providing a platform for our community to have their voice heard and share trusted reviews with each other. And we offer a cash back reward for those who buy or sell a home in our network. This is just one more way for us to support our military community and get you involved.
How can you help? It’s easy! Once the campaign goes live on Nov. 18, visit the #MilFamsGiveBack landing page and select a military-friendly or veteran-led charity from the dropdown menu. If your favorite military charity is not listed, there is a button to request to add a charity, which will be promptly handled. Charities include large, national organizations such as the USO and Blue Star Families, as well as smaller nonprofits run by veterans or military spouses. After selecting a charity, sign into PCSgrades–membership is FREE–and leave your housing review in the Neighborhoods or Base/Post Housing sections. At the end of the campaign, PCSgrades will tally the contributions and reach out to each charity to make the donations in the name of the #MilFamsGiveBack Campaign.
There are currently over 160 military-friendly charities to select, and our list is growing every day! Here is a sample of the charities you can support through the #MilFamsGiveBack campaign:
– The Armed Services YMCA runs programs for military families experiencing deployment or living far from a military base.
– Our Military Kids offers National Guard and Reserve children scholarships for sports and creative activities while their parent is deployed.
– Fisher House Foundation builds homes near military hospitals and VA centers where family members can stay for free while the service member or veteran receives treatment.
– The Unquiet Professional offers support to Gold Star families.
– The Bautista Project is run by a military spouse who provides aid to the homeless.
– Bunker Labs educates veterans and spouses who want to start a business, and has created a network of business professionals to help them succeed.
– Team RWB connects veterans to community through physical and social activities.
The #MilFamsGiveBack campaign is focused on housing reviews. Anyone associated with the military, veteran, and spouse community can leave a review for a neighborhood on or near a duty station in the United States. You can leave a review of any area where you have previously lived or are currently living. Want to raise additional funds for your favorite charity or make donations to multiple organizations? You can! Leave reviews of different housing areas where you live now or have previously lived. Just click the “Add Another Review” button after writing your first. We will keep you updated throughout the campaign so you can see which charities are receiving the most.
#MilFamsGiveBack goes live on Nov. 18. Check back then to get the campaign link. Then share it. The more you share the campaign images on social media, the more people who will see it and have an opportunity to help military families by leaving their own review. This season of giving, let’s make a real impact for military families and their favorite charities!